Summary: This blog takes a look at the very next step after you have decided to outsource content writing. It covers internal content strategy and right kind of briefing to make the outsourcing exercise successful
Reading duration: 5 mins
Who is it for: Online Marketers, CEOs, Digital Media Agencies
Today’s digital ecosystem and the reach of internet across the world has led to several specialized services to come up for achieving specific KRAs. Be it social media marketing, SEO, or content writing, these industries exist for a specific need.
Challenges of an in-house content team
If we talk about content writing, many businesses would invest in keeping an in-house team. However the challenges in this operational model are immediately visible.
- The talent sourcing, hiring, and retention process is a massive HR drain
- The QA process needs to be built from scratch and many a time it will be on a trial-and-error basis, which can prove to be a costly option for startups and SMEs.
- The responsibility of workflow efficiency and continuous process improvement too needs the attention of senior leadership
- What happens when there is an influx of volume bigger than your internal capacity?
Imagine if all these valuable resources’ time and efforts (senior leadership, HR) were suddenly freed up to focus on core business strategies and growth options?
This is the biggest USP of outsourcing your content writing needs.
By outsourcing your content writing needs, you ensure that you continue getting the same high quality work, but at a fraction of the cost
Statistics show that 76% of the companies will increasingly focus on content marketing. This means that there will be renewed focus on content writing. As the focus on content creation intensifies, it will be difficult to keep the increased volume in-house. This calls for getting the right partner in content writing services to align to your performance and quality expectations.
Benefits You Get When You Outsource Content Writing
Get a geographically diverse writing agency helps you take advantage of the time zone advantage and thus ensure faster time to market
- Benefit from a deeper domain experience of content writing companies
- Free up time to strengthen your content marketing campaign
- Get better RoI through SEO optimized engaging content
- Maintain a high level of quality and client servicing
How do you get started?
It is important to have an internal strategy in place before you find writers that align to it. This is the only way you can work in tandem with the content writing company without conflicts or undue back and forth. It is worth finding answers to critical questions like –
- What is the long range content marketing plan that you have?
- Why are you doing this? What is the outcome you anticipate?
Once you have finalized a provider based on samples, QA process, budget, timelines (or even native English expectation), you can get started.
The next step is to be ready to provide the much needed elaborate brief to the writers so that the final delivery is in line with your expectations. This instead of this
We need a 300 word blog on importance of machine learning in healthcare by 1st Feb
…you should consider this
Here is the content brief –
Topic – Importance of machine learning in healthcare
Type of content – B2B Blog
Words – 300 words
ETA – 1st Feb
Keywords – Hospitals in Miami, Physicians in Miami
Keyword density – 2%
Target readers – Senior physicians and administrators in hospital or healthcare setting in the USA
This provides a better content creation with these benefits –
- Better adherence to localization. For instance a ‘chemist’ from Asia will be re-worded to a ‘pharmacists’ to suit the US readership
- Better engagement with the target reader
- Better lead generation potential
Are you looking to scale up your content marketing to keep up with increased competition? Then it will be a smart business move to look for a dependable content writing services company. This move can take the load off your organization and help you to continue delighting your end customers with high quality content creation.