Blog content is the key marketing weapon in helping an online business stand apart in an overcrowded competitive landscape. While many business owners and their marketing team work hard to create engaging content, they are often intrigued by the query – How to get readers for your content?
The ugly truth
More than 98% of the blog readers won’t be interested in your sales message propagation. They won’t even be interested to know what you do. What they will be most interested to know in a blog is
What is in it for them?
Yes, this is the stark truth that blog content production agencies and their clients need to understand. If your content revolves round this query, it has better chances of consumption. Having established this essential need, lets now look at various ways in which you can build your readership base and get improved visibility for your blog –
– In case you need new readership, you need to ensure that they are able to discover you. Your blog needs to be optimized for SEO. Some effective ways to get this done is
- Provide keywords in your content
- Check for valid and applicable meta description
- Provide alt text for images
- Link from your blog post to other parts of your site, similar to this link
– One of the best ways to garner eyeballs for your blog is to post it on social media. However employ the expertise of a content marketing professional to ensure that the blog is rightly distributed amongst the 300+ social media sites and at the right time. Some ways to get this right will be
- Keep a distinct title separate from the original blog post
- Design the post content that intrigues and interests the readers to click on the link
- Put forward a question or show a tentative situation that readers can relate to
– Consider your title as your elevator pitch. If readers aren’t intrigue by the title then forget about them spending more time reading through the rest of the blog. While designing the title, some good tips such as below will be good –
- When writing the blog content, keep a working title. But before you publish it, think of a good catchy title
- Keep the title relevant to the content
- While clever or subtle works, outrageous or obscene will never work
Keep the blog shareable
– Once readers have reached the end of the blog content, the presence of a share bar will encourage them to share it further among their contacts.
These tips will help content marketers to increase the visibility and effectiveness of the blog in bringing more web traffic and close more business. Write in to us and let us know if you use any other approach to spread the readership of your blog.