No matter how compelling your content is, if no one sees it, then what’s the point? Content will work for you, only if visitors come to your site. Chances it will work better is when people start recommending your content to others. The challenge here is this – “How does one decide which distribution channels will give you more eyeballs and help get the content shared ahead?”
This is the question we try to answer with this blog.
Good Content Development –The Essentials
The main priority for the piece of content to be in the list of the most talked about topics is to have remarkably good content.
Personalization and Story Telling
–No one likes to ready boring 1000 word essays. We never enjoyed them at college. The use of “You”, “I”, “Your” creates more conversational and personalized narration and helps keep the blogs lively. Make sure you don’t miss on story telling. After all, storytelling is what keeps the reader engaged till the end where we have a nice little Call-To-Action waiting to be acted upon.
Being Controversial, Emotional and a bit of Laughter
–Controversies (without going overboard) work wonders in grabbing attention for the content. Emotionally appealing headers will assure you a click and if you have done a good job with the content, there is no one stopping you from getting it shared. Oh did I tell you that humor too elevates the engagement factor? Yes, we did!
Think you have everything going for you by taking care of this point?
Well, having good content developed by experts is only half of the story. Make sure you do enough for the distribution of the content too.
Good Content Distribution –The Essentials
- Timing it – Most of the content on the internet has life to it, it becomes obsolete if it is published later in the time. Make the most of time and take your share of viewers, who are ready to accept the content. Capitalize on the trends and hardly you will fail.
- Less is more– Have a Sharebar for your blog post? Then make sure you limit it to just 2 or 3. More options increase the chances of confusing the reader
- Choosing the right social media platform – Don’t go wild with putting the content on all the social media sites, as you will not get the result you are looking at. Choose 3-4 social media platforms (is it Twitter or Facebook for you?), where your potential clients and readers could be.
- Contests and Freebies – Everyone loves gifts, they really do!Freebies are well accepted way of getting users rolling to the site. You can lookup Contest Domination to create simple yet highly effective contests built into your posts.
- Collect Emails E-books and Newsletters – Having a database of the readers is good for the growth of the site. You can stay in touch with the readers, and have some personalization rolling on their screen. E-books and Newsletters is a practice that will attract users.
- Ask Readers to share and tweet – There are plugins available for quick share and to tweet a part of your content, make use of them. You can also try asking users to share the content at the end of the blog. This trick works pretty well, but note it loses its charm if used quite frequently.
Good engaging content, published at the right time and shared on the suitable social network is the key to the success of the blog. Do write in to us and let us know which is your favorite content distribution strategy.